DISCLAIMER

The information stated in The Value Investing Knight ("The Blog") should not be used as a reference to buy or sell any securities, assets or commodities mentioned. Readers should carry out their own due diligence and validation of any information shown in The Blog. The owner of The Blog is not liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly as a result of actions taken based on ideas and information found in The Blog.

Sunday 22 January 2017

More about the Knight

Welcome to my first post! Starting an investing blog has always been one of my resolutions and I decided to take up this challenge and fulfill it this year. Though late, but better late than never! Why the name Value Investing Knight? A knight to me is righteous and I hope to be the one to uncover mispricings in deep value companies and rescue these princesses (companies), bearing in mind the formula:

VALUE = PRICE + RETURNS

A brief background about Myself:

I am in my early 30s and am a typical Singaporean white collar employee who holds a 9 to 6 (occasionally longer) job. I always hold the belief that investment income should supplement our future retirement needs. One can buy into insurance savings or endowment plans to accumulate wealth over time but I want to shoulder this responsibility myself so I embarked on this investing quest immediately after graduation and aspire to become the full-fledged VALUE INVESTING KNIGHT as time goes by.

I graduated with a degree in Bachelor of Accountancy at one of the local universities. Having worked for more than 5 years, I have gained experience in different aspects of finance including Auditing, Accounting, Corporate Finance and Treasury. I am also a Chartered Accountant (Singapore) and completed the Chartered Financial Analyst course (expected to attain the charter in 2017). Even with these credentials, I have to admit that personal investing is a different ball game altogether and I am still learning from my knocks along the quest. There is investing psychology and personal biases which one has to deal with. The same piece of information can be viewed very differently by two investors and that is the beauty of investing. However, the investing approach can be more scientific and structured to ensure that there is a basis for each investment idea and the way an investor uncovers value in companies.

In this blog, I will be writing about my investing quest to uncover deep value companies and any of my other investing encounters. As a start, I will be blogging about SGX listed companies but I would like to extend the list to overseas listed companies as I become more seasoned in this.

My main objectives in setting up this blog:
  1. To record down my investing quest and blog about companies with deep value 
  2. To create more awareness about long-term investing for retirement needs
  3. To connect and meet more like-minded value investors so we can learn from each other
I do not want to restrict myself in setting the number of posts each week/month. However, I will make it an effort to post a summary of each value investment idea I come across or any other interesting investing encounters I have. So meanwhile, stay tuned to see me wield my Sword of Value very soon! Have a great Sunday ahead!

The V.I.K (VALUE INVESTING KNIGHT)

No comments:

Post a Comment